Firearms shooting is an inherently dangerous activity, as such all safety precautions must be considered and executed (if reasonably practicable) when both handling and utilising firearms. Required Safety Measures for Steel Target shooting:
* Always wear ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields to protect your eyes.
* Always wear shooting rated hearing protection to protect your hearing.
* Always support targets on a free swing target frame and ensure the steel plate is angled towards the shooter no less than 15degree off vertical.
* Bullets create a splash cone of lead and jacketed particles after hitting steel targets that can travel greater than 20 metres for handguns and greater than 75 metres for rifles. This splash zone can reach up to a 25-degree cone angle in a 360-degree direction from the surface of the impacted steel target.
* Only use frangible ammunition when shooting steel targets.
* Recommended minimum distances from steel targets to shooter are 25 metres for pistols and 150 metres for rifles. Spectators should stand 10 metres behind the shooter.
* Use only properly constructed firing range with adequate backstop and adequate down range safety area.
* Always locate the steel targets as close to the backstop as possible.
* Discontinue the use of any close range steel target that has surface craters caused by wear or improper ammunition use on the steel target impact area. The steel target impact surface must be smooth and flat to safely use steel targets.
* Never shoot hardened, steel core or Armor Piercing (AP) ammunition at any steel target
* Never shoot any type of shotgun slug at any steel target.
STS STEEL TARGETS ARE INTENDED FOR A SPECIFIC USE AS PART OF AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. THESE PRODUCTS MUST BE USED IN THE INTENDED MANNER ONLY AND IN DIRECT COMPLIANCE AND ACCORD WITH THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS. EVEN SO, INJURY MAY OCCUR. DUE TO THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY, NO WARRANTY OF THESE PRODUCTS IS GIVEN OTHER THAN THEY WILL PERFORM AS DESIGNED IN THEIR INTENDED USE. ANY ALTERATION OF THESE PRODUCTS OR THEIR USE SHALL VOID ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. OTHER THAN THE FOREGOING, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTIES GIVEN NOR ANY LIABILITY ASSUMED BY THE MANUFACTURER IN THE USE OF THESE PRODUCTS. ALL RISK OF INJURY IS ASSUMED BY AND SHALL PASS TO THE PURCHASER OF THESE PRODUCTS OTHER THAN THOSE ITEMS SPECIFICALLY STATED ABOVE.
THE LAWS IN AUSTRALIA VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL FIREARMS AUTHORITY REGARDING THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE. WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ILLEGAL OR IRRESPONSIBLE USE OF OUR EQUIPMENT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANISATION.